Wednesday, June 24, 2020

What Does HE Require

[caption id="attachment_2921" align="alignleft" width="300"] Take It to GOD in Prayer as You Continue on Your Way Home.[/caption]



Deuteronomy 10:12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


12 “Now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require from you, but to [a]fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,



 

As insignificant as I am


There is something that GOD


Requires of me


For HIS eyes rove to and fro


Over the earth


And HE knows what I think


And hears what I pray


And sees me wherever I go.



Yet, there are times that life


Can put me in dire straits


And I think to myself. "Well


When the LORD does get to me


This may be the time that


HE may be too late."



Y'all know how sometimes something


Can jump up, out of the blue


And before you know it, trouble


Has taken over your world so fast


That you want to say, "Wait a minute


Where did this come from and is


My FATHER; oh, where did HE go?"


Then you might think as the Psalmist did


"Woe is me, I am undone,"


Because this particular trouble


Is one I cannot outrun.



Yeah, it could be a terminal illness,


Heartache or the death of a loved one


And you know for a fact that


This bout of trouble is a


Gamechanger for sure


Because, for all of your trust in GOD,


You have been hit with something


That you cannot endure.



You might feel like you are the


Detail that was forgotten about today


Because you know that if GOD had been


Looking, this trouble couldn't and wouldn't dare


To even have come your way.



And then, when you get to where


It is quiet,  you try not to even think about prayer


Because you know that your life is broken


And that there can be no repair


But the voice of faith and lovingkindness


Says to you, "This world is not my home


For one is being prepared where there


Will be no more goodbyes, sickness or pain


And to get there, all I have to do


Is faithful to GOD remain."



And you, insignificant detail that you are


Redetermine to "Serve the LORD GOD


Will all your heart and all your soul,"


Because simply put, Heaven is your goal.


 

This is not the way that I intended for this blog to go today, but sometimes, it does what it will! This poem follows up from yesterday's blog dealing with diamonds and pressure.

Surprise for you?


Me, too


Who knew?


Our FATHER


That's WHO!©


********


 

Apparemtly there is someone among my readership who needed to hear this today. May GOD bless you, heal you, and keep you.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment