Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Another Day - Another Blessing



This poem was on my heart this morning; I hope that it blesses you.

 

 

For the many blessings, great and small


Thank YOU, LORD GOD


For them all.



YOU have been mindful of me


From the day that I was born


So, it is in the twilight of my life


That I want to offer these verses of poetry.



For the times when I was happy


And for the times that I was sad


Thank YOU for giving me to understand


That my life goes according to YOUR plan.



Thank YOU for allowing my faith


In YOU to fill my mind


So that I could keep stepping on


Despite the vagaries that life put me through.



Thank YOU, LORD, for giving me


Faith of the resilient kind


For the world to see and


Thereby be drawn to THEE.



Thank YOU for the avenue of prayer


And for the built-in comfort found there


And thank YOU for my being acquainted


With the phenomenon, I call "skipping joy"...


I just want to say, "Thank YOU


For the infinite things YOU do


In short, I love the very thought of YOU!"©


********


 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment