Tuesday, July 14, 2020

"Magic Bubble"

 

YOU gave me life


YOU gave me love


Thus I can be happy because


I exist under the auspices


Of You, Dear GOD above.


Things have a feeling of rightness


And my viewpoint is filled


With approaching brightness


All because YOU, my FATHER, know how


To tweak the channels of my mind


So that, in rough situations, I find


Contented assurance that I am a child


Of an Almighty FATHER WHO is


Of the loving kind


And WHO uses attention to great details


To shore me up and let me know


That I am, with tender thought, loved without fail.


And so, it is with gratitude, faith, and love


I bow and say, "Thank YOU loving FATHER


For buoying my spirits with expectant joy


As YOUR awesome "tendertude," YOU


Manifest and employ


As I thrive within the "celestial bubble" of your love.


As a teacher of social studies and world history


I used to take my 7th and 8th graders


For a ride in my magic bubble


And I tell you, in that social studies class


We left the walls of the schoolroom behind


As we journeyed to places on the spectrum of time.


We experienced amazing thought-provoking scenes


That, no matter how dangerous


We could not be touched because we were


Traveling inside of Mrs. Alma's "magic bubble"


Where we didn't have to worry


Where we didn't have to worry about trouble.


Why I remember that the children would


Get so excited about challenging a


"Badman" of long ago


That I had to remind them that if we got quiet


When threatened by the foe


That, "Nothing can penetrate Mrs. Alma's


"Magic bubble," don't you know."


Yes, folks, we had some fun old times


In that social studies class


So much so that sometimes the kids would ask


"Mrs. Alma, can we go for a ride in


The magic bubble today?"


And to which query, I would sometimes say,


"Nope, we have to do expounded definitions today


And no complaining now because you


Know that the magic bubble is not real anyway."


But my resourceful younguns that I


Had taught to think would reply,


"We know that, Mrs. Alma, but it's fun


And we like it because it makes us learn.


Can we go, ple-e-ease?!" and they would sigh.


...Ah, the joys of teaching the pliable


Hearts of the young


And yet, I remember that someone once told me


That I was a teacher born, ready-made


And, as I ponder that thought, I chew on the fact


That my teaching skills have not


Been allowed to fade


For, though I am in the throes of, yet, another career


I draw upon those well-honed skills


To bring you, my dear reader, near


For through our brief lesson about the "magic  bubble"


I have made you wish that you had a bubble of such


To which I reply, "You do fellowman, and it's called


GOD's loving, benevolent eye and loving touch!"©


********


Remember, it's dark now, but dawn is breaking. Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment