Friday, July 17, 2020

When I Need a Friend


 

When I

(When I)

Need a Friend

(Need a Friend)

JESUS

(JESUS)

Steps right in

(Steps right in)

Oh Yes! What a Mighty GOD!! (all)

Mountains move at HIS command

All Power's in HIS holy hands

HE'll never fall short of HIS word...

 

Good morning, folks! You know that I told you that my Momma taught me to lean on GOD at an early age. And I told you that that is what I have been doing ever since.

Nothing Like an Answered Prayer


Y'all know that I have been wondering about several things, and wondering and pondering, etc. Well, let me tell you what I have been doing; I have been taking my problems and my summations to GOD in prayer just as I did when I was a little girl. Now, I can tell you that I got an answer and that I wonder about certain things no longer, for the rationale is crystal clear now. And I can say like David, Daniel, Joseph, Moses, and a whole host of characters from the Bible, and other Christians who have gone before me, "GOD WILL step in when you need a friend of the type that the world cannot supply!" I feel like running this morning and I have already been clapping my hands and singing. Whoo!

I have told you before, and I will say it again. No matter what happens in your life, hold on to GOD, and just keep praying. Whatever you do, don't stop praying because you have a FRIEND (if you are a Christian) WHO sticks closer than a brother!

What you see in the green print above is a song that I sang as a child. And my soul rejoices as I sing it now! And Y'all remember what I say about things that I write in green print. I am going to say it one more time, but I think that I will do it in the form of a poem this morning. I hope that it blesses your soul.

 

When life hands me situations that


I cannot fathom what they mean


I do like so many Christians of old


I keep the prayer wheel turning and


Keep going by painting my situation green.



If you should come upon me and


See a banner at my writing table


Or on my car that has the words


"Paint it Green," just understand


That it is a simple Christian woman's


Way of saying that as long as I can


See the grass growing from season to season


I know that GOD, my FATHER, my FRIEND


Is still in control, and I will keep on stepping,


Because I know that there is a reason


For whatever is happening with me


And that, as GOD wills, so things will be.



And now you know why I sign my blog


"Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones"


It's my way of saying to the world


Keep your faith in GOD; be strong.©


********


 

Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment