Sunday, August 2, 2020

Saved

Got You Covered


Jesus died for me a long time ago


And that is something I am grateful for


I want you to know.


Was touched by the Lord’s hand


To awaken this a. m.


So gonna use this Sunday for worship


And to sing out praises to Him.


His mercy is great in spite of my sin


He accepts my repentance and


Takes me back again and again


Oh, how sweet the precious blood of Jesus


That provides saving coverage for all men.


He gave his Son for the likes of me


So getting up and going to worship


Is the least that I can do, don’t you see?


There is a room being prepared


In my Lord’s house for me


And one day I will get to go home


And live with Him throughout all eternity


All because of Jesus’s blood 


That covers any contingency.


In this world, there is so much going wrong


That it makes it hard for a body to remain strong


You turn on the news and you hear tell of this


And you hear tell of that


Sometimes it can be somewhat depressing


Except for the undeniable fact


That Jesus’s blood has you covered


And that is why when I go to worship


I open my mouth and let out a heartfelt praise song


One of which might be, “Saved by Jesus’s blood!”


 ********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment