Saturday, August 1, 2020

Been Praying for Faith

[caption id="attachment_4279" align="aligncenter" width="237"] Is Anything too Hard for GOD?[/caption]

If you have been praying for the building up of your faith, then you asked for or are asking to be put through GOD's faith-building process. Somebody may have just thought, "Say what?" There is nothing wrong with your eyes; you read what I have written correctly. So, allow me to explain my meaning. I had an older adult to tell me when I was a very young person, just beginning my walk as an adult newly moved out of my Momma's house and my dorm room.

Y'all know how we were when we were just starting to walk independent of any adult telling us daily what and what not to do. I felt like I could make my own decisions, etc. But, you know that scripture that says, "Train up a child..." (Proverbs 22:6). I was determined in my walk to have strong faith and patience like my Momma had. And you know what I did? Yep, you guessed correctly if you thought that I asked for it. That is exactly what I prayed for and received it, too. But, I didn't receive it the way that I thought I was going to receive it. Let me suffice it to say that I went through a series of trials that were pretty tough, so much so, that I despaired out loud to one of the older people that I was known to spend time around, "Why, oh why is all of this stuff happening to me?! I try hard to be a faithful Christian!" An old lady looked at me and said words that seared themselves to the framework of my brain and ran through every corpuscle and capillary in my memory.

I can tell you one thing, I have never asked for a stronger faith or more patience again. Ha Ha, that is one lesson that I learned well. So, if you are one of the ones that has been asking for more faith and more patience...

This pandemic and the status of our country


have put GOD's faith-building and


patience-building apparatus in gear


But you have nothing, sweetie to fear


Because you asked for attributes to


Be built up in you and that is just


What this pandemic process will do


In that it will draw you closer to GOD


That is what it will do.


So don't despair, dear one, just


Remember that you are in the hands


Of your MAKER and HE knows how


Much to bend you enough to accomplish


His purpose, and even if it means


That HE has to break you


Don't despair because HE


Has the love and know-how


To remake you!©


********


 

Y'all, this pandemic speaks to you and me, and this morning I am amazed at how the LORD has allowed its message to flow through my fingers as they pound out this blog with rapidity as I strive to get the thoughts down as they run through my mind. Wow!

Are you surprised at the direction that my blog took this morning? That's okay; that makes at least two of us... Be safe.

 

In HIS service,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment