Friday, August 7, 2020

There Comes a Time

[caption id="attachment_4671" align="aligncenter" width="300"] GOD Will, in HIS Own Good Time. Wait, I Say on the LORD. (Psalm 27:14)[/caption]

There comes a time in life when try as you might,


You will meet one of your fellowmen that


You cannot help with their plight.


I was greatly moved by the pathos and bitterness


In the voice of a lady that I talked to today


For she was so sad and embittered that she


Wanted no part of godly talk and told me to get away.


She seemed to feel hopeless and looked so forlorn


That I started to try to make her feel better


With no degree of success at all


For she let me know in no uncertain terms that


She no longer believed in the gospel call.


She rebuffed my overtures to try


To make her feel better to such a hostile extent


That the natural comeback in me wanted


To retaliate in kind


But, I had to bear in mind


That I am living my life as GOD's representative


And as such, I have to lay the natural


Characteristics of me aside, and carry on


With the work of uplifting and encouraging


No matter how much I felt that


I wanted to cry.


I had to remember that it was my job to try


To wipe the sadness and the bitter tear


From her eye


And leave her feeling better that I stopped by


And hopeful that this time in her life


Will be gone by and by.


 

 I wanted to tell her that


All of us at some time have to cry


But the trick is to keep stepping on


With our heads raised looking toward the sky


Because we know that GOD will make


The storm cease


And leave our hearts filled with the sweet peace


Of HIS magnificent release!©


********


 

Yet, I reminded myself that we have to try to remember not to take it personally when we become the victim of their spiteful attack. We just have to remember that it’s their pain and pathos speaking, not them. And we have to be prayerful and hopeful that their usual happy exuberant self will make it through this time of pathos in their life. That is exactly what I did as I humbly asked HIM to forgive me for what I wanted to say and thanked HIM as I prayed for blessings great and small and especially for the one who had given up on the gospel call.

And I keep stepping on because of the work for GOD that I do. And I remember that there is a time for all things under Heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1) And I know that "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy, joy cometh in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment