Saturday, August 15, 2020

Trouble

You know, we seem to be bombarded on every side with trouble, whether pandemic or humanmade circumstances. But this morning, my walk through the garden of 1 Chronicles 14 reminded me and reassured me -that no matter what trouble besets you...

 

No matter what trouble besets you,


Don't you forget to pray


Because if you do you will be throwing


A golden opportunity for help away.©


********


 
"Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble."  (Job 14:1 KJV) But Job made it through his troubles to be blessed tremendously in the end.)

“And the LORD helped David wherever he went.” (1 Chronicles 18:6, NASB)

 

Trouble was here before you were born


Trouble was here before you knew you were you


Yet Almighty GOD always kept you


And when trouble and you became acquainted


Almighty GOD brought you through.


The word trouble covers every contingency,


Be it, pandemic sickness or what have you


The same God that kept David


Knows, and keeps you, too.



You see, sometimes trouble comes in


The form of men, who can be so mean


But I don't long despair because I have


The GOD of David working behind the scenes


-Working for whom, for this little old


Christian called me


And I don't care what you think or say


My FATHER, my GOD, tells old trouble


To let me be.



And I will shout, "Trouble over, free at last


All of that trouble is long past


And I can tell you, world, that the GOD


Of David holds HIS children fast!"©


********


 

I don’t care what your brand of trouble is; If you are GOD’s child, HE is aware of it and is making plans to take care of it just as HE has always taken care of you, that is if you are prayerfully living for HIM.

And another thing, some folks on Sundays do not collectively meet for worship because of the pandemic, but they still meet in prayer via phone calls, videoconferencing, etc. Down through the ages, GOD's children have prayed whenever and wherever trouble found them or drove them. When you read your Bible, you will find that some prayed from dungeons, prisons, caves, etc., but they still prayed!

Pandemic seems to say,


"It's too hard to give thought to pray


Don't worry about it; your GOD's gonna


Help you anyway."


But I lift my voice to say


"Liar, pandemic, for my Bible does say


'You have not because you ask not.'"


So children, keep the faith and hold on


And ask GOD for help in carrying on


For help is on the way and it won't be long.©


********


 

For whomever, this blog post was penned, be blessed by it. Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment