Friday, August 14, 2020

A Happy Shout

 

As I was reading my Bible this morning about David, I found three verses that touched my heart and they are: 1 Chronicles 17:16, 20, 24. The humbleness and joy in those verses touched the joy that resides in my heart.  Then I thought about Joseph and how he kept his joy because he knew GOD had a plan for his life. And I too,  keep my joy because I know WHO my FATHER is, where HE has brought me from, and that HE has a plan for my life.

 

Oh my soul gives a happy shout


When I think about


The goodness of GOD


And HIS being mindful of me


My soul magnifies HIM to the point of overflow


And words of praise run down my lips


And from my fingers so


Much so that joy leaps all around me


Makes me want to skip high


And sparkles from my eyes.


 

Men sometimes want to take me to task


Because of my view


But oh, what they don’t understand


Is that when you have been


Sheltered, brought, and taught


By GOD’s powerful hand


The joy within you is so overwhelming that


You have to tell it because it will


Not let you stand silent because you


Are of that group that includes


David and Joseph, to name two.


 

The joy that you have just cannot


Be contained inside of you


And you lift your eyes toward heaven


With amazed and wondrous praise


And thank God almighty for


The voice in you raised.


 

So sometimes you just half to let it out


And when you do it comes forth


In a jubilant shout


"GOD is the GOD of gods, WHOSE


Lovingkindness is legendary


Of that fact, there is no doubt."


And Y'all will forgive me as I proclaim


That HE is my GOD and of serving HIM


I have no shame


For HE saved me and continues to do so


Under the stamp of HIS name


For HE adopted me a long time ago!©


(1 Chronicles 17:16, 20, 24
Psalm 126:2)


********


 

Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment