Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Just Over the Way

The smile that you see me wear


Is tinged with sadness, yet


I have had to learn not to care


Overmuch about the vagaries of life


So that a semblance of peace


Can be brought to bear.



But I won’t have to worry about


That when I get home


When I get over there


For I’m going home one day


To the city across the way


And there I’ll see my mother


Whom I have missed so much


And I will be gathered in the sweet embrace


Of my Momma’s touch.



No longer will I be numbered among


The ones that have been left alone


For I will be with countless generations long gone


Ah, I will,  at last, be home


And I will join my forefathers


As we sing hallelujah


Around GOD’s throne.



Yes, I will have made it to that land


The thought of which has kept me going day by day


I’ll be living in that wondrous land


Just over the way.©


********


 

We have something great that we are working toward, so let's keep the faith. Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment