Thursday, September 24, 2020

Taken Aback

 


When my eyes landed on verse 3 of Habakkuk, chapter 2, thoughts started whirring in my brain.  Below is how the verse reads:
For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal, and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay.

Whirring Thoughts


Sometimes things happen in life and I am taken aback


Because I just don’t understand


The fierceness, ferocity, rapidity, and


Often the seemingly utter hopelessness


Of certain situations or occurrences


But then I remember that God made the plans


For this whole world without my help


And I know that I can leave my life


And all things pertaining, in HIS capable  hands


Because HE is the great I AM,


The ONE WHO CAN!©


********


I call to mind the words of the scripture, Jeremiah 9:24




For I know the plans that I have for you plans to prosper you and not harm you.



That is a good scripture to have in your repertoire to fall back on. So, practice saying that scripture to yourself during the day and you will find that it will pop up in your mind to soothe you during stressful times. How do I know? Easy, this is a process that I walked through to get to where I am today, where people listen hard to words that I say.

I have compared myself to Job of Biblical days somewhat, but I never thought to liken myself to him in this way. Which way? Just read below:
Job 29:11
For when the ear heard, it called me blessed;

When people hear the words of the books that I’ve written about the LORD and HIS goodness and love for mankind, they call me blessed and scarcely believe that I wrote it all. But I tell them, "It’s not the mind of Alma that’s turning out this work, but the glory of God shining through me."

Often during these pandemic times, people turn to me for something, anything to make them feel better by renewing their assurance that everything will be all right. Sometimes I launch into the story of Job, depending upon the audience or length of time to respond, but I always use scriptures such as the three listed below:
Job 14:14
All the days of my struggle I will wait,
Until my change comes.

The scripture above allows me to pull from things that have happened in my life when times were dark and I thought that GOD had forgotten all about me. This is the time that I tell them with conviction, "You see, I know that HE cares, and I know that HE will take care of me just like HE did Job. And so, I am going to wait on HIM!
Isaiah 40:31

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 27:14

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

And then I read in the book of Job, Chapter 42, verse 5, and it reads  thusly:
I have heard of THEE by the hearing of the ear but now my eye sees THEE.

And I might end my conversation with them by saying something like, "Just like Job, I have done too much living with HIM walking by my side to give up on HIM now. I am in this for the long haul if that be the case. Why? Easy, I know what He did for Job, David, my Momma, and so many others. And I know that HE loves me and that is a fact that I will carry with me for the rest of my life, wherever I go! Yep, HE loves you, too.

And one day I will be able to watch the world be taken aback with the sweetness with which the LORD delivers me. Me? I'm still working while I wait...

Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment