Thursday, October 1, 2020

Against My Brother

I am blogging with Malachi 2:10, 3:16-17, and 4:2 in mind today.  And I thought the easiest way to do this is to cite the verse(s) and then put what I think the scripture means.
New American Standard Bible

Malachi 2:10

10 “Do we not all have one father? Has not one GOD created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?

The verse above is espousing brotherly love, not hatred. And that is why when I look at people, I look at them as my brother or my sister. The verse above means that we are not to judge people by their race but on their own merits. That means that we are to treat each other as most people do children, not see race at all. (Further study - Acts 10:34-35; John 12:34; Romans 10:12; 1 John 3:15-16; 1 John 4:19-21; Proverbs 22:2; James 2:9; 1 Cor. 12:13; Matthew 28:19; & Revelation 7:9-10)

 
New American Standard Bible

Malachi 3:16-17

 

16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem HIS name.

17 “They will be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”

Those of us that fear the LORD often talk with one another, and we keep each other motivated and encouraged by doing so. I look at verses 16 and 17 above, and I realize that the LORD knows that we fear HIM and that we have reverence for HIS name. Do you see the phrase,  book of remembrance, mentioned above? Well, the thought of that book gives me the strength to keep going because I know that the LORD GOD sees and knows our every effort. I love knowing that my FATHER is mindful of me and mindful of all of us that try to keep people motivated and encouraged by speaking encouraging words about GOD. (all caps and bold-faced type not part of NASB.)
New American Standard Bible

Malachi 4:2

“But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.

And then when I read chapter 4, verse two, an overwhelming feeling of love, gratitude, and anticipation encompasses me. I love that verse so much because we’re going to be so happy and have such joy when we get to Our FATHER's land, such joy! And you know, I can identify with that verse because when I was a child, and even after I was a young married person, I skipped quite a bit. And you know what made me skip so much? If I were out on a sunny day, I delighted in my FATHER's love and just skipped and skipped with joy basking in the warm rays of the sun sent by my GOD. Yep, I was a natural when it came to skipping so I can understand verse 2 above, and then to know that we’re going to be skipping once again... I like knowing that one day when I get home to my FATHER's land, I am going to be able to skip again!  I’ll be skipping with everlasting joy, hope, and peace.

 

GOD made you, and GOD made me


You are of one race, and I am of another


But as children of our FATHER


We are to be mindful of each other


Because if we continue to esteem GOD's name


One day we will in eternity


Skip and cavort with glee


In each other's company.


 

According to said words above


I won't do anything to you, my brother


But look upon you with a sibling's love.©


********


Be safe.

Note

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment