Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Reckoning Without GOD



 

Reckoning Without GOD


At times, I have been pushed


Toward places, I just didn't want to go


 I had already made up my mind about where


I'd planned to go, but I had reckoned without GOD


But I found out that my plans didn't matter


Because GOD taught me some things that


I did not personally know


And when the Lord finished with me,


I, like Jonah, went where my life‘s plan did flow.


I’ve been led to places that,


When I was younger, I had no idea that I would go


But I learned to let go and let GOD and


Have been pushed into places that have had me agog


But I just kept on working and among


Other things, ended up writing a blog


That talks to boy, girl, woman, and man


To say, "Put Jesus at the head of your life,


 Because HIS plans always get carried out


About this, fellowman, have no doubt."©


********


At the Crossroads


Some roads are posted with clear signs


As to the road's final destination


And sometimes you can find yourself being


Pushed pell-mell down said road


But you can always turn around


As long as you’re breathing and your mind is sound.


 

Never think that you have lost so much


That you have nothing else to lose


Because, as stated above, as long as


You’re alive, you have the option to choose


Your soul, not to lose.


 

So, I try to be careful in whose footsteps I walk


I watch what a person does and I watch how they talk


And if their actions and their talk seem to be


In alignment, then I look at the roadmap


Of the road on which they travel


And I decide as to whether they’re


Walking on a smooth highway or a path of fiery stones.


 

Make of these poems what you will


But understand this, I am making my way


Up VMBS HILL (Victory Marked by Saints’ Hill)


For I know that GOD, JESUS, and the Spirit will


Assure me of victory by keeping me strong


And not allowing the fiery darts of the


Enemy, my faith in GOD, to kill.©


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment