Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Just as the Children Knew


Just as the Children Knew


Just as the children knew


You do, too...


They knew that I loved them


And that I cared


Because in taking care of them


Nothing at my disposal was spared.


I went beyond the limits


That a teacher normally has


To touch their souls and teach


Their hearts that they could reach


Goals that seemed too high


For, I taught them to reach past the limits


That they thought life had set for them


And told them, instead, to


Develop new goals and


Give them a try...


I still remember the glow of accomplishment


That sparkled from their eye


When they succeeded at what they


Thought were lofty, impossible goals...


I remember that we started small


With something they had never done and just knew


That they could not do


I remember that sometimes the tears


Of frustration would arise


In their little eyes


But I kept telling them


"You can do it because I believe in you."


I learned that if you show a child love and care


And tell him/her that they can do something


That he just knows that he cannot


He will give it all he’s got


Because you said, "I believe in you,"


And with your prodding and smiling


That child will surprise others and himself, too


By doing the very thing that


He thought he could not do!


That principle works not only with children


But with adults as well


For as a preacher’s wife, when


It came to church work, ladies


Learned that putting the Lord first and


With gentle prodding behind


They could do things that they never had


And get enjoyment out of it, too!


And now, reader, my teaching task involves you


I am a Christian and you are as well


And by GOD’s grace, we can do anything


That we have to do.


So, dealing with this pandemic is tough, for sure,


But by each of us throwing whatever


Skills we have into the mix,


We can hang together


Until the scientists find a fix


On the road to a permanent cure.


My job right now is to keep


Your spirits up by using persuasion, hilarity,


And whatever I can, to remind you


That the Lord God will always see us through.


Bottom line, just as my children and


Some ladies knew that I cared,


My loving thoughts with you I have also shared


So that you too will know


And remember that this is a woman who cares


And I want you to pass the blessing forward


In whatever format you have


So that many others can be


Encouraged to continue onward


In faith, as we wait on our LORD.©


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment