Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Never Having Done Enough

The feeling of never having done


Enough keeps me going


Because when I become introspective


I find myself wondering


If I have fulfilled the duty


That I was sent to do.


Yet, when I look back over my life


I don’t see that my greatest work is done;


I just see a willing soul


Who continues to work for the LORD


With reaching Heaven as her goal.


Then duty replaces introspection


As I continue to do whatever


It is that my mind perceives


That my hands need to do


For, I remind myself, as I have often been told


“Alma, loving acts and loving words


Encapsulate you


So, keep caring and keep sharing


And you will be in the ballpark


Of what you were meant to do and be


As you touch other men’s souls


With your healing words and


Other acts of loving creativity."



One last bit of "sidebarish" introspection


Both for you and me


The things that have been had to be


So that the things that are coming


Will be.©


********


The last verse of the poem above seems not to fit into the theme of the poem, but it does. Give it some thought, and you will see how. The level of thought that you have to give it depends upon how often you are given to deep critical thinking. Put your brain on it; it's good for you. Why? Easy, it builds endorphins!

Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment