Friday, October 30, 2020

The Brightest Day

[caption id="attachment_4467" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The Brightest Day Will Be...[/caption]

This simple thought with a poem was placed upon my mind as I strolled through the garden of Luke looking for delectable things to serve up to you today. I hope you enjoy the word repast.

Have you ever thought about the various days that you have had here on this earth? Sure you have. But I wanted us to really think about the good, sweet, great days that we have had. That brings a smile to your face, I'm sure, for those memories of the brightest days do that, don't they? Uhm, hmm, well, have you ever really thought about what it is going to be like to greet beloved family members that went on before you and meet generations of family that you have never seen before? Now, I don't actually know what it is going to be like to wrap my arms around my Momma again, rekindle my relationship with my Grandaddy, meet my great grandmother, etc. But I can have a mighty fine time imagining what it will be like and I imagine you can, too.


One of these mornings when I awake


Will be the last morning that I will look upon the sky


For the day for my gathering will have come


And I’ll meet with my LORD


To be taken to my home above


For a chorus of hellos and never again a goodbye.


One of these mornings, for sure


 And it won’t be as long as it has been


I will leave this world of sin


When I rise to die no more


To be like an angel on that other shore,


And live in that Land


With my GOD, forevermore.©


(Based on Luke 20:36)


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment