Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Longest Night

What is the longest night that you have ever experienced?

When I read Luke 22:64-66, I see where "they blindfolded HIM and asked him to 'prophesy who is the one who hit you?'"

That was a part of JESUS's long night. And then I think, "But HE didn’t do anything! (except be full of love for you and me) How many times have you said in your life, "But I didn’t do anything; why am I the one getting into trouble?" And since HE'd done nothing except love you and me, I say and will continue to say, "I might not ever get to Big Sur or Mount Everest, but from the tallest mountain in my world, metaphorically, I will shout HIS love for us and mine for HIM.

I tell anybody who will listen, that GOD loved/loves us, and HE didn’t just talk love. HE put some action behind it! HE showed us HIS love by giving HIS SON to die on the cross for our sins! That’s the kind of action love that HE had/has for us, and it would behoove us to show our love in reciprocal to HIM. (loving HIM back) Now, I realize that HIS GIFT is one that we can never repay, but we can always try. Take a look at the poem below:

 

Reciprocal Love to My FATHER


Give reciprocal love to My FATHER,


That’s my aim, anyway


Yep, that’s my goal


As I live out the rest of my life


Here on this earth and that’s why


I write to you and I put things in it


That speak from my soul


To let you know how I feel


Because GOD giving HIS SON's


Life for me, is a very big deal


In fact, it is a life-altering thing


That will cause me, my whole life long


My best to My CREATOR, to try to bring.©


(Thought garnered from Luke 22:64-66, NASB)


********


 

And you know that was GOD's SON that they were doing like that, the CREATOR's SON but then I read in the Bible in Romans 14:11 and Isaiah 45:23 where it says "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess" And the book of Luke says that the world will see the SON of MAN coming with power and glory with angels of God. HE had been treated like a little nobody, like a peon, but when HE comes back, everybody’s going to want to know HIM. (be claimed by HIM)  he is coming back and so we want to live our lives here so that we can be ready for a glorious day that’s going to be when HE does come back for you and me.

 

Ever been slapped? How long did the sting from that slap last? What about being slapped on one side and before you get the chance to get over that first blow, you get slapped on the other side? Uhm, hmm, I can hear some of you thinking, "Awe, it’s on now! Slap me in my face; you must be crazy or have a hankering to get a beatdown!" And then you would be ready to take the earrings out,  to roll up your sleeves... But JESUS did not DO anything like that; HE took all of that for you and for me.

I want you to think about this; we talked about how long the pain from a slap lasts. Yes, the slap is painful, but it does not stop just because you are not being slapped anymore. Oh no, that sting from that slap lasts hours and sometimes days physically, and years emotionally.

Can you imagine it happening repeatedly, over and over again?  How long does it take to slap somebody anyway, about a second or so?

Well, can you imagine getting sixty slaps in one minute? I’m not saying that’s what happened to the Lord but I do know that they put a blindfold over HIS eyes and then asked HIM to prophesy about who hit HIM. (Luke 22:64, NRSB)  Can you imagine what Jesus felt? That is really something to really think about, isn't it?  And this is GOD's SON that this is being done to! GOD's SON!

  • 60 seconds = one minute

  • 60 minutes = one hour

  • So now if there are 60 minutes in one hour and 60 seconds in one minute...  But we don’t know how many times they slapped CHRIST. However, we do know "they were beating HIM and blaspheming(Luke 22:64-65, NASB)  "And then it was day," (Luke 22:66, NASB) implies that JESUS had a long night, hence, my title of the blog for today. What a long night for our SAVIOR and HE did it all for you and for me!


You and I both know what we would do if anybody dared to put a hand on our brand new little baby that we just brought home from the hospital. We won't even go into what would happen next, the end result of which would be that somebody would be buying funeral flowers, probably if we didn't snap back to ourselves, because we would in all probability, lose it.

And yet, though GOD could have sent legions of angels to HIS SON's aid, GOD did nothing, nothing... Why, because of HIS love for you and me. UMPH, umph, umph, that's why I serve HIM and talk about HIS love for us over and over again. It is a story that never gets old, never, for it is yet rolling forward, toward the end of time. And when we get there, to the end of time, I mean, CHRIST's suffering will meet us and save us if we have given our lives to HIM... What a love!

The least we can do is let this world see that we appreciate the love HE has for us by showing our commitment to HIM as we walk in this world daily.

I am committed. Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment