Wednesday, November 4, 2020

GOD So Loved Me










 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life." (I am putting this portion in green writing and in italics to emphasize the fact that this was not a part of the quoted text. But I want to make three quick points and then I will leave you to enjoy the poem that I penned for you this morning.)

  1. Loved the world - This means me, too, as I am a part of HIS creation, HIS world, HIS child.

  2. Everyone who believes in Him - Here, again I am included, as I have given my life to HIM

  3. Have eternal life - I get to go home with HIM when HE comes back and dwell with HIM throughout all eternity!



 




GOD So Loved Me


In the garden of inspiration


As I pondered over my reading in prayer


An application for John 3:16


Came to me while there.


You see, as inconsequential as the world


Might deem my life to be


I am my FATHER‘s child


And proud to be me


For, He orchestrated the


Events of my life just so


Because there were places that HE


Knew HE wanted me to go.


HE could have made my daddy


Stay with my mom


But HE did not order it done because


HE knew of my future, in


That I would become


A mustard seed that would grow into


A huge tree whereby others could see


The God that dwells within me


When they nestled among the


Boughs of my faith tree,


The latest of which is


The Tallest Mountain Trilogy


And I, all I can say is, “Look at


What GOD hath wrought through me!”


And so, in humble gratitude I say,


“Thank YOU, DEAR GOD, for the


Privilege to serve, by YOUR using me


As a part of YOUR plan to keep


Blessing all of humanity.©


(Based on John 3:16, NASB)


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment