Sunday, November 26, 2017

Forgive Yourself and Learn to Love Again

Messed Up Again


Did you mess up again? And you feel like nobody believes in you anymore? Say what! Oh, so you don't even believe in yourself so why should anybody else, huh? Uhm hmm... Well, listen to Grammy Alma this morning.

Aw, don't despair. If you feel like what I wrote in the lines above, then recognize that you are at the bottom. You have heard people say, "He or she has to hit rock bottom before they come to themselves." So, you have hit and I am sure that you received a jarring jolt. Listen and learn a thing or two. First of all, don't you know that most us have hit rock bottom in some form or another? Yes, even Grammy Alma! Most of us know what it is to have our world shattered into a million pieces or to have our life reduced to the likeness of the finest sand. But, you know what? We didn't stay down. We didn't stop trying.

How Do You Start, You Ask?


Well, you have to recognize that you have a problem or that you are in need. Then you have to realize that you are not by yourself. Some people and circumstances may make you think that you are alone but you are not. How do I know this? I have been a minister's wife for over 40 years and taught middle school for thirty of those years. If you know anything at all about working with church folks or dealing with other folks children, you know what I mean by the following statement.  By virtue of experience and because of love, I am talking with you today. Here is what you do after you pray for deliverance from your problem:

  1. Realize that you are not alone (Alcoholics Anonymous, Drug Rehab Facilities, Christian Counselors, etc.) If you are worried about someone knowing your business, then go to one who does not know you.

  2. Don't think, "Why me?" Instead think, "When I rise above this thing then I can help someone else up because I know the devastating effects that losing hope can have on a person." Think this to yourself,  "I did it and you can, too."

  3. If you do not work, then do some type of volunteer work. (Reading at the nursing home, addressing cards for the church or nursing home, helping out at the homeless shelter or local food kitchen, etc.)

  4. Stay busy, busy, busy. Begin and end every day with prayer.

  5. If you slip and fall again, hop right back up and start over again. Keep a diary of how you feel, of how many days you have been sober, clean, etc.

  6. Never give up on yourself. Somebody out there believes in and loves you and I do, too. How can I say that I love you? Easy, I reached out to you this morning, didn't I? You think that it was just a coincidence that I happened to write this blog on this subject on this particular morning? And it just happened to catch your eye today? I think not!


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment