Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Gift

How excited we get when we receive a gift, especially one that we have been wanting for a long time. We get so joyous that we squeal and often hug the neck of the person who gave it to us. Think about all of the gifts that you have been given throughout your lifetime... Uhm hmm, for most of us it makes an impressive list, doesn't it? Yes, it does.

But what did your mind lean toward in your choice of the remembrance of your gifts? Most people would lean toward the tangible. But when I think about my most cherished gifts that I have received, I think about my family.  But, more important than that, I think about the "Ultimate Gift," Jesus Christ, Who God gave as a propitiation for my sins.  (John 2:2; 4:10 KJV)  That is the one gift that means more than all of the others combined. Why? By this gift, I have a life now and then again later in a glorious place that is too wonderful to describe.

Just Think


I get to dwell in that wonderful place where Jesus is and I won't have to worry about any kind of stress, strife nor trouble.  The tree of life is growing in the midst of the city just like pears and peaches grow during their season down here. Oh, but unlike the pears and peaches, the fruit of the tree of life is always in season. Can you even imagine being allowed to go up to a tree and pick a piece of fruit from it that makes one live forever? I cannot. Now, I may have taken some liberties with my imaginings, but that is only a what-if scenario.

I can tell you one thing, the joy that will be ours will surpass anything that I could conceivably come up with in my limited imagination! Jesus, the Gift that keeps on giving. My! My! My! What a wonderful time it will be!

Happily Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Yes, I did get the vitamins and am on the mend. Thank you for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment