Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Inner Stuff

I am just a nobody, and I am content to be me


Because I know Who has orchestrated


The life you know of as me.


 

If you do not understand, that's okay


But there are some that do, for


They walk a similar journey


But I will tell you a little bit in


Order to make you see


What I mean when I say


"The life you know of as me."


Once upon a time, maybe several years or so ago


When all that I knew was gone and


I was shoved down a new path


I went grudgingly with feet dug in all the way


But, alas, another voice was heard to say


"Stop fighting, I know what I am about, you


Just hold on to Me like you always have and


We will give your enemies something to


Try and figure out."


"I have never left one of My own  alone


And I do not plan to start with you


You will be better than fine when my


Plans for you are through.


You remember my servant Job, from Biblical days


How he became a byword for the folk to talk about


But he trusted in My care of him enough


To hold on to his faith and to wait and see


How things would turn out."


"He trusted me with all he had and was, and


Knew within his inner self that laughing, jealous


Scorners were a part of his life because


For me, he was so zealous.


So, don't give up on me, my little vessel of clay


I am the God of Hezekiah and I will


Shepherd you on your way and you will


Have a victorious laugh at the end of the day.


 

Now, I walk resolutely on knowing


Who shepherds my way


And when I falter with doubt my "inner stuff"


(The stuff that I carry within that makes me


Seem a giant among men) will say


"Remember Hezekiah, little vessel, you have


Not lost your way, you have been redirected


To where I want you to be, according to plans


Made before you were even a progeny."


 

Oh, the stuff that I carry within? That is simply what God placed there because He knew that I would one day, for the faith, have to contend.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma Carr-Jones

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment