Sunday, November 19, 2017

Not as the Publican

 

[caption id="attachment_646" align="alignnone" width="178"] Each of Us Is Covered by His Cross[/caption]

Often, we see people with a self-righteous attitude of, "I am glad that I am not as you." That brings to mind the beam and the mote from Jesus' parable in Matthew 7, verses 1-5. What Jesus basically said was that we should not be so quick to censor someone else for their small shortcomings while ignoring our much larger ones. It means to clean up your own life first, then you can see clearly to help someone else clean up theirs.

 

But you know what

I take from that passage of scripture, "Alma you have faults, too." This means that "All of us have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23 KJV) So, living with this knowledge, I keep striving to do as I ought and asking for forgiveness when I don't. When I fall, I get back up and continue on my journey because I know that there is a home to which I am going. And you know what else, I see my fellowman as a fellow traveler to eternity who has to struggle just as I do. I see him through the eyes of compassion, that same compassion that Jesus extends to me.

So, if there are things that you need to get forgiveness for, then ask. If it is a public sin, then ask for forgiveness before the saints of God, if not then ask the Lord privately. Either way, don't stay down on yourself for whatever it is that you have done. The forgiveness is yours because Jesus died a long time ago. All you have to do is ask for it in order to avail yourself of it. It is as simple as that, y'all.

With All that I Know


With all that I know, I will not let sin stand between me and the Lord. No siree!  I have worked too long and too hard.

On that Note


On that note, I am on my way to worship and I hope that you are, too. Be blessed.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment