Friday, November 17, 2017

Uh, Yes I Do

[caption id="attachment_655" align="alignnone" width="202"] From the Tallest Mountain in My World, Telling the Story of Your Love for Your Glory.[/caption]

Say What!


"Do you mean to tell me that if they ask for a volunteer, you are going to go up there? In front of all these people?" My friend was incredulous when she uttered the words above at a national ladies retreat that we attended. There were hundreds of ladies there and I guess the fact that I was willing to go up front and give a two-minute unrehearsed talk before of all those ladies was somewhat mind boggling to her. When I thought about it later, it was a bit incredulous to me, too.

I mean, think about it. Here are some of the mind-boggling points that I thought of later:

  • The ladies in that auditorium represented some of the best speaking ladies in the entire country or had traveled to the retreat for many years and had heard many great speakers

  • I, as an unknown, was being asked to speak on a grander scale than ever before

  • What if I had gotten up there, turned and looked at the audience and all coherent thought about what I thought I was going to say had flown?


Uhn, Uhn!


But you know, folks, even as I think back on the retreat now, I would do the same thing. When people were asked to give a two-minute talk about the goodness of God, I was on my feet before I knew what I had done. I remember thinking, "Uh, Oh! You have gone and done it now,"  as I walked down the aisle toward the front.  Ha, Ha, let me tell you, folks,  my legs wanted to shake and my hands started to sweat. I told myself, "Uhn, uhn! You told the Lord in prayer that you would stand on the tallest mountain in the world and proclaim your love for Him and His goodness to man." So go to it.

And That


And that is just what I did. When I finished, some of the ladies were asking, "Who is she?" "Where is she from?"

Who Am I?


Just a nobody from West Tennessee who is willing to walk past nervousness to tell the world of my love for the Lord and His love for mankind.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On  Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment