Thursday, May 24, 2018

Gotten Rusty

For the next three days I am going to make a point about three things and tie them in with the Christian life:
1. An Iron Skillet
2. A Sewing Machine
3. A Flashlight

Iron Skillet


Every now and then, my husband gets it in his head that he wants to cook something up, in my kitchen. Now, you cooks on the blog today,  know how territorial we can be about our kitchens, right?  We have a certain place for each thing, and we use certain utensils for only preparing certain foods, etc. And we can tell if someone has been in our kitchen and done anything, right? Y'all know how we do it. Anyway, on this particular day he decided to fry something or another, I forget what, but when he finished, he put my iron skillet in the sink full of water

WELL!


Uhm, hmm, you know that I was not a happy camper, right? I remember thinking, "Now who in their right mind would put an iron skillet in the sink and leave it until the real cook got home, which happened to be several long hours later, in fact into the night. You know how we do when we have been gone for a while, we come in and take inventory of our family and after seeing that they are none the worse for the wear, we then turn our attention to our home, me to my kitchen in particular.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT if you thought that I had a small fit!  "DIDN'T WANT TO BUY THE IRON SKILLET ANYWAY AND NOW HAS GONE AND PUT IT INTO A SINK FULL OF WATER! NOT TODAY!!!" And  I was getting wound up really good, until I thought like a Christian and remembered Whose I was! The skillet could be saved with some scrubbing and re-seasoning. I explained why I was upset to my husband who looked at me like, "You should be proud of me, I cooked myself something to eat." (You know that I wanted to point out that I had prepared food aplenty for Him before I left, don't you? And no, I did not even bother mentioning it.) He never understood the rationale behind my almost tirade, not really. But, he never put my iron skillet in the sink again.

The Point I Want to Make with Reference to Living a Christian Life



  • If you have acquired a certain skill set with reference to the Bible or living a Chrisitan life, that skill set will do just like my iron skillet did, rust if you do not take care of it. If you used to know the books of the Bible by heart, you might not remember the order in which they fall as readily as you used to. You have gotten rusty on them. The same thing goes with delivering the plan of salvation to someone.

  • So, take care of the skill set(s) that you have because we do not want to be caught unprepared when He returns like the five foolish virgins were caught.


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

Tomorrow we will talk about A Sewing Machine with a comparison being made to a Christian life.

No comments:

Post a Comment