Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Won't Be Missed

Worship Service


When it comes to worship services, do you ever feel like the title of this piece says? Do you ever feel like, "I won't be missed?" Most of us have felt like that at some point or another in our life. But, the trick is to not allow yourself to feel that way too often. Why? Well if you allow yourself to feel like that too often, you may be setting yourself up for falling away from the church and not even realizing it. You know how it goes; you stay away for some reason or another, usually because somebody hurt your feelings. You sit at home mad with righteous anger.

You figure that somebody will come by and ask you to come on back. But what if nobody does? Yes, we know that in a perfect world someone would come by or call to check on you and tell you that they missed you, etc. Somebody may come by and they may not. You have to remember that we do not live in a perfect world. If we did, then the Lord would not have said that He was going to separate the tares from the wheat when He comes back.

Listed below are some of the things that you do when you decide not to go to worship:

  1. You deprive yourself of the privilege of communing with the Lord. Remember that He said, "Where two or three gather together in My name, there I will be in the midst." (Matthew 18:20, KJV)

  2. You deprive other members of your presence. You never know when someone has decided to pattern their life after you, so it behooves all of us to put Christ first in all we say and all we do.

  3. You deprive the preacher of your presence. I know! That statement shocked you didn't it? You never thought about it like that, did you? Yeah, well most people don't think about the preacher in that way either. But, look at this scripture:


that is that I with you may be comforted in you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine.(Romans 1:12, ASV)

You can plainly see in the scripture above that the apostle Paul said that he got encouragement from coming together with his Christian brothers and sisters. I can tell you as the wife of a preacher who has been on the ministerial field for  over 40 years that every encouraging word helps the minister because much of the time he gets more criticisms than "Thank you's."

Good Works

As you know, my motto is some form of "Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care." That is why I do a blog most days. When my blog does not appear, you look for it don't you? Well, if you like reading my blog, that means that I have been successful in doing a good work. It means that when my blog doesn't appear you miss it. Try to build a positive legacy so that you will be missed in a good way, when your seat is empty.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment