Thursday, May 17, 2018

Trust Issues

There are times in our lives when it is hard to trust the Lord. We develop trust issues with Him because of the way that some things unfold in our lives. I know, because I have been there and done that. Let me remind you that it is precisely at these times that you must lean on your trust in Him the hardest. Yep, I mean, trust Him when it makes you look stupid to the eyes of the world to do so.

How do I do this? Easy, I look back at the past that is recorded in the Bible and back through the eyes of my parents and view their walk with Him and with some of my church members back at their past. When I do, I see a strength, a resolve, and trust that is ramrod strong. Then, too, I look back at my little past with Him, and I begin to rethink my decision to trust Him. I tell myself that I already know how the game is going to end, I just don't know all of the plays and that is okay because He wrote the playbook way before I was born. Did y'all hear me?

No Matter What


I will repeat that for you. I said that no matter what the outcomes finally is, it will be okay for me. How do I know? Easy, as one of my favorite scriptures has said, Romans 8:28, that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord. That is enough for me.

Take the time and read this poem, if you will. I want you to get past the fact that you don't like poetry. Why. because my response to your saying that you just don't like poetry would be, "Not even poetry that helps you with a problem and eases your mind through a struggle?" If it is going to help you, read it and absorb it. The writer was inspired to write it for folk just like you. Yeah, you!

Now that we have gotten past that, read the poem below:


The footsteps of faith from the past have charted


My course from which I have grown


And have me looking toward the future...


All from the past that I have known.


 

Remember the blessings that Abraham got from being faithful when it seemed for the impossible to be done? Yes, dear ones, it pays to keep your faith in God, uh hmm, to keep on trusting Him!

And Guess What Else?


One day, the world will be looking at you and thinking, Well he/she doesn't look so stupid now, do they?" And you will be sounding like me, and you will be the one saying, "Won't He do it?!!"

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment