Thursday, September 13, 2018

Using My Gifts Finale

Work in the Vineyard Is Almost Done - In His plan for my life, He made provision for me to use the wisdom that I asked for as a child in doing the jobs that I had over my life. And best of all, I am using the story writing skills that He allowed me to develop as a child to keep me busy in my retirement years and to help my fellowman with words that will comfort, even after I am gone.

Making the Connection


I have heard people say, "It always amazes me how fate offers us all the tools we need, to do what we were always meant to do." NO, MA’AM! NOT FATE, BUT GOD! God gave me the wisdom to be good at writing stories, writing poetry, public speaking, encouraging others, etc. and this is something that I have used throughout each aspect of my life.

Look back through your life for a bit and see if you don't find that to be true for you as well. Uhm hum-m, see I told you. But don't let your perusing stop there. What is it that you have always loved to do and were good at? Wouldn't it be wonderful if you had a job, since you have to work anyway, a job that allowed you to do just that? And better yet, you could incorporate your love and zeal for the Lord into your work. I did as a teacher of thirty years, a housing coordinator of ten years, a minister’s wife of forty-two years and now as a writer.

I hope that this blog, though long, has blessed you and I further hope that you will try to think about the things that you enjoy and figure out ways that you can do them to the glory of God and that it works as well for you as you develop your ministry (things that you do to and for the glory of God.)

I don't have adequate words to express


To you, the way that I feel that I have been blessed


You see, it means so much when you receive


A blessing whose magnitude shows God's touch.


So, this last verse is to You, Lord


I can't tell you how much I love You


But I will continue to try to show


The glory that You have allowed in me


For the world to get to know


For it is not by me that these words have been coined


But by You, masterful Father, You, Who, are Number One!


(excerpt from Chopping My Row, Blessing in and After the Storm, p. 47.)


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment