Thursday, April 23, 2020

Winds to Blow and Waters to Flow

 

Well, I am close to finishing up my stroll through Psalms, and I must say that I enjoyed my walk this time around more than in years past. I think the difference is that I took the time to make it palatable to you, and that made me put it into a strolling down the garden path format. Whatever the reason, it was enjoyable, and I hope that our time in it has blessed you in your life's walk. Tomorrow will be my last work from my stroll through Psalms for a while.

I may do Isaiah, Romans, or Hebrews next; however, I am open to doing whichever book you might be interested in my tackling. If you have a preference, let me know via this blog, and I will attempt it. At any rate, I appreciate the courtesy of your readership and hope that my thoughts generate productive thoughts in your heart as we make our trek toward eternity in preparation for the day of judgment.

Here is a poem inspired by Psalm 146:5 and Psalm 147:11 & 18. Enjoy!

 

To the great GOD, WHO causes the winds to blow

And WHO causes the waters to flow

I feel YOU in the gentlest breeze

That ripples across the grain

And I see YOUR power to imbed

A straw in the trunk of a tree

And inspire awe in me.

 

I see YOUR hand in the tiniest trickle of water that flows

And I see YOU in the thundering waterfall

That is quietening and awe-inspiring for us all.

 

And I am further inspired and reassured when

I read verses like Psalm 147:11 that have

YOUR lovingkindness nestled within

So, Thank YOU for being my HOPE and my HELP

WHO guards my way and orders my steps.©

********


No comments:

Post a Comment