Saturday, June 13, 2020

Can We Hurt GOD

I came across a scripture in Ezekiel that sort of threw me for a loop. The scripture is Ezekiel 6:9. I will cite the scripture below and put in bold type the part that threw me for a loop

Ezekiel 6:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


Then those of you who escape will remember Me among the nations to which they will be carried captive, how I have been hurt by their adulterous hearts which turned away from Me, and by their eyes which played the harlot after their idols; and they will loathe themselves in their own sight for the evils which they have committed, for all their abominations.

Here the Lord is talking about Israel, but since we have been grafted in and are now spiritual Israel, I just wondered if we could hurt GOD, too. I know that HE does not like it when we sin, but I never thought about it hurting HIM! That is a very uncomfortable feeling; I mean, I never want to hurt anybody at all. And most definitely, not GOD.

I tell you one thing; it makes you pause before doing some things, now doesn't it? I mean, most of us are not knowingly going to worship idols, are we? Well, when this pandemic is over, and "normal" is back, and we forget about how uptight we were, and, and...

Well, I started not to say it, but I will. What about staying away from worship to go camping, fishing, to wash the car, boat, cut the grass, etc.? Can we make idols out of those things without even realizing it?

Hmm, something to think about. When HE brings us through this pandemic, I intend to be closer to HIM than ever before. Why? Well, HE will have brought us through this thing, and I want HIM to know that I cherish HIS lovingkindness more than ever. And, too, I want to say, "Thank YOU," in more than just words. Know what I mean?

Well, those are my thoughts for today.

 

Keep the prayer wheel turning, because


This world of ours can surely use it


Plus, I don't know about you, but I treasure the gift


Of prayer and I don't want to do anything to lose it


And that is why I am going to exercise it for


The jewel of a gift that it is


However, that being said, all gifts are precious


That the LORD GOD gives.©


********


 

I never, ever want the LORD GOD to think that I take HIS love for granted. Never!

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment