Thursday, August 13, 2020

When Whimsy Visited Me

 

I have toyed with the idea of doing a children's book at a friend's request, and yesterday, I got to meet two of the main characters, so to speak. This is what happened.

 

Yesterday as I was preparing dinner


I looked out of my kitchen window


And what did I see


A tiny Robin looking back at me


I said, Hello little Robin


Are you listening to me sing?


(Something I always do


when I am cooking


But I don't expect little animals


At me to be listening and looking)


Continuing my conversation with the robin


I said, "Well I am singing to my God


Like you all sometimes do."


Then I continued singing the song


The words of which I will write below


And I asked the robin if he wanted to sing along.


Now I knew that the robin could not or would not


Sing along with me


So I almost dropped my fork when


He seemed to join me in my whimsy


For he turned his head this way and that


And, the Robin and I were singing a duet


I know that was something to see.


Then a squirrel came by as if to see


What the Robin and I were doing


As he gathered nuts beneath the tree


He walked up to the robin


And stood still as if mesmerized by our song


As the robin and I kept singing


I thought about how whimsical


This tableau here below must look


To any watchers looking from above


As we lived in our voices in praise and love


After I finished singing my song


He finished his business and flew away


And I was left musing about the


Whimsical happening that touched my life that day.


Now, before you start thinking


I am ready for the loony bin


Take a look at the scriptures that


I have listed below and


Neither you nor I really know


What the robin and the squirrel were about


As they stood outside my kitchen window.©


(Based on Psalm 148:10, and Psalm 150:6)


********


 

The Song that I Was Singing


"Victory"

I don't know how

GOD's gonna do it

I don't know when

Or how HE's gonna fix it

I only know

HE's gonna make a way for me

Do it

(Help me sing)

Fix it for me.

 

 

Just thought I would give you a song to sing, and something to chuckle and muse about today, as we find our path through these times.

Seriously, though, wouldn’t it be great if we did praise GOD like HE told everything that had breath to do?

Note - And yes, I have picked out names for the two main characters. So, this children's book may happen, yet. I'll keep you posted...

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment