Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Like Nehemiah

 

Like Nehemiah, I must do


The work of my FATHER


Though you look at me with a frown


I have work that I must complete


And I just cannot come down


For I do not want my LORD to


Wipe me clean as a dish


And turn me upside down."©


(Nehemiah 6:3)


********


I don’t know how you can read the Bible through several times and miss so many things, but I have found that every time I read it again, I find things for the first time. Now you take the scripture that I read this morning in 2 Kings 21:13, there again, I was amazed to know that the "LORD can wipe you clean like a dish and turn you upside down." As I read that, I realized that that is not something that you want the LORD to do to you because when HE does that, HE is taking HIS hands off of you, and HE’s done with you because you have displeased HIM mightily. And I thought, "Oh my, I do not want that to happen to me!"


And that’s why you have the poem that I wrote above; I can’t come down, which means I won't cease doing the work that I’m doing for HIM. And that’s why I tirelessly do this blog; that’s why I speak for groups (both children and adults) whenever I have the opportunity to. The work that I have been given to do, among other things, involves using my ability with words for encouraging, for healing wounded hearts, and for inspiring. And I intend to do that until the LORD calls me home because that’s my job and I will not be the dish that’s wiped clean and turned upside down. HE means too much to me, and HE holds the key to heaven, and that’s where I want to go one day. It's that simple. Be safe

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment