Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Live


Live


Live your life's walk in such a way


That people will look at your living and say


She is a person who truly gives


Just look at the type of life


That she lives.


 

Many have walked this way before


But they are gone now and walk this way no more


But of the path that they trod


A record has been kept


Against the day that they will


Be raised by Jesus from the places that they slept


To be judged by the Lord God


And paid the wages that they’re due


Say, fellow man what does your record say about you?


There are so many that I could mention


That have gone on before


I could mention Pharaoh and his infamous pride 


I could also mention the horrific way in which he died


I could mention from the 19th chapter of 2 Kings


Sennacherib and his fight with Hezekiah


I could mention ELIJAH and the legacy that he left


When he left this world in a chariot of fire


I could mention Noah and his boat


I could mention Moses and his traipse through the sea


I could mention Elisha who made the axehead float.


I could mention my mama, a hard-working grandmother


Who set an example for all of us to see


Yet, I have to remember that my journey


Is all about me


I cannot get credit for the way


Somebody else lived their life


I can only be credited with


What I said and what I did


And make no mistake about it


The things said and done by me


Cannot be hidden because they are written down


And will stand the test of eternity.


So, when you see me walking as I should


Don’t envy me


For I am just trying to make sure that my tally sheet


When weighed in the balances


Does not come up on the side of negativity.©


Tekel~Daniel 5:27


********


 

Yes, I try to be an example of love in the way that I live. But, in the end, what matters is what has been recorded by Heaven's quill. Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment