Monday, November 9, 2020

Hey Old Friend: Alma L. Carr-Jones

Hey, old friend, I had heard


That you were back in town


It’s good to see you, man


But tell me, what brings you around?


I heard that you were


A part of the big league now


I was out of town last year


When you came to put your brother away


And I am so sorry for your loss


But man, it is good to see you, today.


 

You look to be doing fine


I am glad that your corporate


Job worked out for you


Oh, that’s not what you were meant to do


Ha, ha, I heard that…


But really, man, if that didn’t work out


What is it that you have been up to


Well, whatever it is, it seems


To have served you well


Say what! You mean to tell me that


You are a pusher with pills to sell!?


Somewhere, brother, you got on


The wrong track


And as a child of the KING


It is my duty to try to steer you back.


No, no, no, I am not better than you


You know me better than that


But as God‘s servant, there are some things


That I just will not do


And you and I used to think alike


Man, what happened to you?


Oh, so you lost that big job


That promised to do so much


For you, but you replaced it with


Something that means damnation


Before it is through.


Yeah, I know that this world can be mean


But the best thing that you can do, man


Is to turn your life over to Jesus


And make your slate clean.


So, you say you wanted to get


Me in on a good deal


Man, that’s not the way to go


I may be coming down hard on you


But I’m just trying to keep it real.


Yeah, it was good to see you


And I’m glad to hear that


You’re back in town


And I hope to be able to get you


To turn your life around.


Oh, so you gotta go, I understand


But do me a favor as an old friend


Think about what I’ve said to you


For old time's sake


And remember that I’ve


Always had your back


And so I’m trying to share Jesus with you


To fill the void in your life


With the things that you lack.


Yes, we still meet at the same place


Though a newer structure is there


But we are still lifting one another up


In the name of JESUS in prayer


So, come by this LORD's Day morning


Because, as always, the best I have


With you, I always share


And trust me, brother, when I tell you


That Jesus can and will


Make your life brand new


What?! You see me don't you, man and


You know some of the things I used to do!©


(Based on John 12:43)


********


Be safe.


 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment